Provide an argumentative, defensible thesis statement, logically ordered body paragraphs that supplies supporting examples and textual references, and a coherent conclusion.
Arguments should engage with texts. Always make arguments easy to follow.
- Ask yourself what is the prompt requiring you to do?
- What type of format does your essay need to be in?
- What authors do you need to address in your essay?
- Are there major tensions or overlaps between certain authors that could be useful to your argument?
- Use key language from the texts.
- Before you start to write ask yourself what format does your paper need to take?
- Do you need to compare and contrast, interpret a case?